Online Classes and Workshops
Private and semi-private lessons on Zoom
Email Ebony at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule
Upcoming Online Workshops
- TBD on a weekly basis. Join my facebook group for alerts.
This unique and fast-paced workout combines the best of two worlds by combining the intensity of a HIIT (high intensity interval training) session with belly dance technique – including shimmy combos and layers. Increase muscular strength and cardiovascular endurance by giving high effort during intense bursts of exercise followed by short recovery periods and belly dance inspired drills. This full-body workout features resistance training, cardio sessions and core strength work without the use of weights or equipment. This workshop is an excellent training tool for anyone looking to obtain a high level of personal fitness. Athletic shoes are strongly recommended.
Weekly Online Classes
- Tuesdays, 7-8pm EST: 7/14, 7/21, 7/28, 8/4
For the newcomer or intermediate beginner looking to practice traditional belly dance. Learn basic shimmies, accents, undulations and traveling steps. Practice with fun choreographies.
- Thursdays, 6-7pm EST: 7/16, 7/23, 7/30, 8/6
- Fridays, 11am-noon EST: 7/17, 7/24, 7/31, 8/7 (Friday classes will be the same as taught in the Thursday night sessions)
This class will prepare you for the Urban Fusion Choreography class that follows. Study a challenging and unique spin on fusion belly dance. Drill technique that will inform new combinations which are influenced by urban styles found in hip hop, retro funk styles such as popping, and the timeless influence of raqs sharqi. Build coordination, work on isolating movements, and expand your dance style with unusual combos. This workshop will be high energy, prepare to sweat and have fun. Dance shoes recommended, but not required. Level is Intermediate and up.
- Thursdays, 7:15-8:15pm EST: 7/16, 7/23, 7/30, 8/6
- Fridays, 12:15pm-1:15pm EST: 7/17, 7/24, 7/31, 8/7 (Friday classes will be the same as taught in the Thursday night sessions)
The Urban Fusion Technique class before this is a suggested, but not mandatory, prerequisite. Explore a fun and unique spin on contemporary belly dance. Learn combinations which fuse modern urban styles found in hip hop, retro funk styles such as locking, and the timeless art of raqs sharqi. Build coordination, work on isolating movements, and expand your dance style with popping and liquid. This workshop will be high energy, prepare to sweat and have fun. Dance shoes recommended, but not required. Level is Intermediate and up.
Pricing for weekly online classes
- Enrollment session: $60 for 4 consecutive weeks of classes. See specific dates. For Urban Fusion classes, choose EITHER Thursday OR Friday session. You cannot combine these sessions.
- Drop-in: $20/class
- ShimmyHIIT: $15/class
Why should you choose the enrollment package?
When you purchase a 4-week enrollment class session, you get access to the class Facebook Group, where you will have access to:
- Access to recordings of each class during the entire enrollment period
- A weekly list of moves taught in technique classes
- The opportunity to ask me questions within the group
- A supportive community of dancers to share with
***You will receive the Zoom link for class in an email from Eventbrite upon registration. If you do NOT receive this email, please reach out to Ebony at email@example.com at least 2 hours before class. There are no refunds. Your purchase is valid only for the class dates specified. Please double check the start time of class in your time zone.
We are not held responsible for non-attendance or difficulties in participating due to internet connection or speed issues on your end. All participants should ensure they have a solid internet connection before signing up, and a suitable device on which to view classes.
By purchasing classes, participants confirm that they are in good health to participate, and release the instructor of any responsibility for any injuries or losses occurred as a result of participating. Please ensure you have adequate space, free from potential sources of injury and a suitable floor to dance on prior to signing up.