Online Classes and Workshops
You’ve got options for learning bellydance online with Ebony:
- NEW On-Demand classes: Join the Studio Ebony community for 7 days free! Get lots of prerecorded classes for a bangin’ recurring monthly price.
- Weekly LIVE Online Classes: Dance with Ebony in realtime. Get feedback and corrections during class. November-December 2022 classes are open for registration.
- Private and semi-private lessons on Zoom: Email Ebony at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule.
Get Your FREE Online Bellydance Class
Join my email list and get a free prerecorded bellydance lesson in your inbox. I’ll send you updates on shows, workshops, discounts and (sometimes free) classes.
Class Gift Cards
Give or receive the gift of health, body positivity and wellness. Gift cards are available for 4-week enrollment sessions, individual drop-in classes, or ShimmyHIIT bellydance fitness.
Weekly Online Classes
ShimmyHIIT™ Bellydance Workout
- Sundays, 11am-noon EST
- NEW: Save by purchasing the 4-week session. Get access to recorded class videos until a week after the final session. The link to the Zoom recordings will be emailed to you from Eventbrite following the classes. This way, you take the class when you have time!
- When you register for a drop-in ShimmyHIIT session, you receive access to the LIVE session as well as the class recording for SIX days after that specific live session happens (no exceptions on date). The link to the Zoom recording will be emailed to you from Eventbrite following the class. This way, you take the class when you have time!
This unique and fast-paced workout combines the best of two worlds by combining the intensity of a HIIT (high intensity interval training) session with belly dance technique – including shimmy combos and layers. Increase muscular strength and cardiovascular endurance by giving high effort during intense bursts of exercise followed by short recovery periods and belly dance inspired drills. This full-body workout features resistance training, cardio sessions and core strength work without the use of weights or equipment. This workshop is an excellent training tool for anyone looking to obtain a high level of personal fitness. Athletic shoes are strongly recommended.
Belly Dance Basics
New moves every month! For the newcomer or intermediate beginner looking to practice traditional belly dance. Learn basic shimmies, accents, undulations and traveling steps. Practice with fun choreographies.
Each month will feature one of three Bellydance Basics sessions: Lilac, Orchid or Lavender. While you’ll always learn the basics and reinforce foundational moves in any of these three sessions – you’ll get fresh new technique and combos each month. You can start your journal with any of the three sessions. It is suggested that you take each session 2-3 times.
Urban Fusion Technique and Drills
- Fridays, 11am-noon EST (Friday classes will be the same moves as taught in the Thursday night sessions)
This class will prepare you for the Urban Fusion Choreography class that follows. Study a challenging and unique spin on fusion belly dance. Drill technique that will inform new combinations which are influenced by urban styles found in hip hop, retro funk styles such as popping, and the timeless influence of raqs sharqi. Build coordination, work on isolating movements, and expand your dance style with unusual combos. This workshop will be high energy, prepare to sweat and have fun. Dance shoes recommended, but not required. Level is Intermediate and up.
Urban Fusion Choreography
- Thursdays, 7:15-8:15pm EST
- Fridays, 12:15pm-1:15pm EST (Friday classes will be the same moves as taught in the Thursday night sessions)
The Urban Fusion Technique class before this is a suggested, but not mandatory, prerequisite. Explore a fun and unique spin on contemporary belly dance. Learn combinations which fuse modern urban styles found in hip hop, retro funk styles such as locking, and the timeless art of raqs sharqi. Build coordination, work on isolating movements, and expand your dance style with popping and liquid. This workshop will be high energy, prepare to sweat and have fun. Dance shoes recommended, but not required. Level is Intermediate and up.
Pricing for weekly online classes
- Enrollment session: $66 for 4 consecutive weeks of classes. See specific dates. For Urban Fusion classes, choose EITHER Thursday OR Friday session. You cannot combine these sessions.
- Drop-in: $22/class
- ShimmyHIIT: $17/drop-in class. $55/4-week session.
Why should you choose the enrollment package?
When you purchase a 4-week enrollment class session, you get access to the class Facebook Group, where you will have access to:
- Access to recordings of each class during the entire enrollment period
- A weekly list of moves taught in technique classes
- The opportunity to ask me questions within the group
- A supportive community of dancers to share with
- A chance to win free classes every month
- A monthly Zoom happy hour with the whole community
***You will receive the Zoom link for class in an email from Eventbrite upon registration. If you do NOT receive this email, please reach out to Ebony at email@example.com at least 2 hours before class. There are no refunds. Your purchase is valid only for the class dates specified. Please double check the start time of class in your time zone.
We are not held responsible for non-attendance or difficulties in participating due to internet connection or speed issues on your end. All participants should ensure they have a solid internet connection before signing up, and a suitable device on which to view classes.
By purchasing classes, participants confirm that they are in good health to participate, and release the instructor of any responsibility for any injuries or losses occurred as a result of participating. Please ensure you have adequate space, free from potential sources of injury and a suitable floor to dance on prior to signing up.
Photo by Jorge Dengo Photography